Friday, January 28, 2011

Si-Tech Neck Tite Test Dive #1


As you may already know, I am part of a group testing the Si-Tech Neck Tite system on my Fusion Drysuit, and the system I’m using utilizes a silicone neck seal versus traditional latex. The first test dive was at 10 Mile Point, and the first thing I noticed once I donned the suit was the ring around my neck, as normally my drysuit does not have this. Once the suit was on I began to notice how soft and comfortable the silicone was around my neck. My experience with latex neck seals is that they irritate the stubble on my neck, and this silicone seal did not. I had been told by other divers using this system, that as you dive you will notice the ring, and I was also worried that it could interfere with reaching the exhaust valve on my drysuit. Neither of these problems occurred while I was diving and overall, the system worked very well. I had no hassle getting in or out of the suit, and during the dive I never really noticed the neck seal at all, which for a piece of equipment like this is a great thing. I look forward to diving this system some more to see what it has to offer.

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment